October 28, 2011

Cheddar Crackers


They were by far the easiest crackers, it is a shame that I didn't made enough since my sister ate them all in a few minutes, yes she is really my official judge and I have to admit that she loves almost everything I make (except for some failed recipes and over decorated treats, she likes to keep things simple and delicious). When I'm thinking what to cook I always think if she or my dad would like them.

- 275 gr. flour
- 150 gr. unsalted butter, diced
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of sugar
- 1 egg
- 50 ml. of water

1. Make the dough by putting first the flour, butter, salt and sugar in a food processor until it looks like sand, add the egg and water then mix completely, cover it and put it in the fridge for 30 minutes. Roll the dough with a rolling pin and slice into medium rectangles.


2. Slightly brush them with milk, add garlic powder and dry parsley. Slice a big portion of cheddar cheese and make small rectangles with it, top the crackers with them.



3. Put them in a prepared pan and bake them for 15 minutes at 360°F, serve them warm.






21 comments:

  1. This looks like it would be a great, easy, and tasty snack! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it seems to be quite easy, I need to try it. :) I love such snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! to snacking in front of the tv. ;)
    I'm surprised, you don't have this flour in shops? Well, perhaps it is only in our country. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooove homemade crackers! I can't stop myself from grabbing them right out of the oven and burning the roof of my mouth. That bubbly cheddar would produce quite the burn, but something tells me it'd be completely worth it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those herbs and cheese seem IDEAL for crackers. I may never be able to eat plain crackers ever again...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just stopping by new blogs today and thought id say hello. We should be receiving some snow today in the Lancaster Pennsylvania area which will be the first time since 1972 that it has snowed this early in fall. Richard from the Amish community of Lebanon Pennsylvania.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd never be able to stop at just a few of those. They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pictures are beautiful and the crackers sound so yummy! There really is nothing like baked goods made from scratch

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the way you explain the whole process...thanks for sharing these, have a nice day:D
    romwe streetfashion blog, pay a visit? kisses

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look yummy and your banner definitely makes me have a chocolate craving! =)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmmm, those look so delicious! Hope you're having a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband would LOVE these! Thanks for the great recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! I'm so impressed you made those!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look amazing!

    http://fashion-gourmet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. these would be great as an aperitif with a good and fresh white wine!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooh my gahd. These look so nummy. Thanks for the recipe! Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, if only I could reach through the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look wonderful! I've never made crackers before but I would love to make these.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fueron lo mejoooor del universo!! te quiero bebesina
    Cristina.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These crackers look so yummyyyyyyyy
    I really like your blog - wonderful recipes!:)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comments! I love to read them :)