I noticed that my last posts all included chocolate and it's kinda strange since I don't really like it that much, don't get me wrong I do like it but I prefer savory things, my sister is the one who likes ooey gooey things all filled with chocolate or creams so I have to say that I bake for her. The thing that we have in common is our love for bread, we adore bread and this time I made some savory muffins with ham and cheese, they were really really good
- 2 1/4 teaspoons of dry active yeast
- 1/4 c. of hot water
- 1 c. of ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 1/3 c. of flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. of shredded parmigiano
- 1/2 c. of chopped ham
1. Disolve yeast in hot water. In a medium bowl mix flour and baking powder (I also added some herbs like basil and oregano). In a large bowl combine yeast, ricotta, salt, sugar, butter, ham and 1 1/2 c. of the flour mix, stir in egg and reamining enough remaining flour, cover dough and let it rise in a warm place.
2. Punch the dough and divide it in 12 small portions, fill a prepared muffin pan with them and let them rise for the second time.
3. Slightly brush them with milk and cover them with shredded parmigiano, bake them for about 15 minutes at 380°F.
3. When I took them out they looked like this, so I put them back in the over just to make the top a little more golden brown.
And there you have them, cheesy and delicious, enjoy!