I made this dessert specially for my sister, ever since I made it like a year ago she was always asking me if I could do another one but I just couldn't find the lady fingers anywhere!! I went to several stores and they didn't had them anymore therefore I decided to make them (they are way better than the ones you buy, trust me). I made a small tiramisu for presentation and a big one.
- 1 c. fresh brewed coffee (mixed with 3 tablespoons of kahlúa and 1 tablespoon of sugar)
- 40 lady fingers
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/3 c. of sugar
- 1 c. of whipped cream
- 1 1/2 c. of mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
1. First make the lady fingers by beating together 5 egg whites and 75 gr. of sugar until soft peaks form, in another bowl beat 4 egg yolks with 75 gr. of sugar and 1 tablespoon of vanilla until it turns light yellow, combine both mixtures and add 150 gr. of sifted flour stirring just until combined. Put the mixture in a pastry bag and start shaping the lady fingers in a prepared pan, bake them at 360°F for 10 minutes.
|[ the lady fingers will look golden brown and they should be soft ]|
3. Cover a medium pan or bowl with a layer of mascarpone mixture and then take some lady fingers, soak them in coffee and arrange them close together, add another layer of mascarpone and repeat with lady fingers, continue until you make 4 layers.
|[ this was the small tiramisu ]|
|[ and this was the big tiramisu ]|
4. Grate some chocolate on top and add sifted cocoa powder, for a better presentation decorate with coffee beans and a mint leaf.
So today it was a perfect day for tiramisu, do you know why? well just because my mom made pizza and they go great together, I'll show you some pictures just so that you can see how good it was
|Meat and veggies|