April 15, 2012

Swirl Cheesecake


This will sound weird but my brother doesn't like desserts which is why I felt pretty good when he told me that he only likes this tiramisu and this swirl cheesecake, I really love it more than any other dessert but the thing that makes it really special is the jam, because it's homemade and besides the texture of the cheesecake is really smooth with a crunchy crust.

- 800 gr. of softened cream cheese
- 1 c. of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 1 c. of sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 1 c. of apricot jam

1. Make the crust by combining 1 c. of crushed nilla wafers, 6 tablespoons of melted butter, 2 tablespoons of sugar and a pinch of cinnamon. Bake at 350°F until slightly brown.


2. Make the cheesecake by beating cream cheese with sugar, vanilla and flour. Add eggs one at a time and sour cream, pour mixture on top of crust. Drop spoonfuls of apricot jam and mix a little bit with the help of a toothpick.


3. Put your pan in another pan with hot water and bake at 350°F for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes almost clean. Let it cool completely and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.

 

Decorate with fresh fruit




Mouthwatering slice

Similar Recipes:

   

27 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I love it too! it's way better than any other dessert

      Delete
  2. WOW! What a beauty! The texture is nice and silky and the addition of jam is a wonderful idea. No wonder its your bother's favourite! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extremely beautiful....I think I could eat the entire cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous does that look? You have done an incredible job. Superb!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Asmita, it required a lot of work and patience

      Delete
  5. I love apricot jam--swirling it into the cheesecake would be an incredible touch. I'll have to try this soon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right, I am about to drool looking at that slice. I love cheesecake and this looks like an awesome way to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delicious. Did you make the homemade apricot jam as well? Is there a recipe on your site for it? I searched but did not come up with one. Hope you post it at some point in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! my mom and I make it every year but I haven't post the recipe, I will make it next month and I'll let you know when I post the recipe

      Delete
  8. Beautiful cheesecake! I really like the addition of the apricot jam. Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous cheesecake! The jam sounds wonderful with the creamy cheesecake! this would make a dessert lover out of me too if I weren't already one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm I've never met a cheesecake I didn't like...but THIS my friend, looks amaaazing!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My brother doesn't like desserts either...I'm not really sure how we're related. This cheesecake looks amazing though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I have also thought about that, but now I'm turning him to the dark side

      Delete
  12. Oh girl! Fabulous doesn't even begin to describe this cheesecake. Heavenly, amazing, incredible would be more like it. I am drooling all over my keyboard

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the swirls, my hubby is not a sweet lover ... ???? amazing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Beti, awesome cheesecake, love the swirl...great pictures as well.
    Hope you are having a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Juliana, hope you are having a great week as well!

      Delete
  15. Yum! Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts as well. I love the addition of the homemade jam. That citrus must taste perfect paired with the creamy cake. Another beautiful recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. No solo le encantó a tu hermano, sino a personas con paladares exigentes también :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That cake looks excellent. The apricot is a great flavour to add!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comments! I love to read them :)