I have great news! I'm finally at school and that's why I've been busy lately, in the next post I'll show you the desserts that I made. I didn't had time to post new recipes but I hope you enjoy this one, it's the easy way to make puff pastry but it is still as good as the original
- 450 ml. of milk
- 40 gr. of dry active yeast
- 100 gr. of sugar
- 500 gr. of unsalted butter
1. Dissolve yeast with 50 ml of warm milk. Sift flour and beat with sugar, yeast and slowly add milk. Cover dough and let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
2. Take butter and with the help of a rolling pin press it until you make a square of about 1/2 inch thick. Take the dough and make a star of 4 sides and put butter in the middle, you should have a + shape. Cover butter completely with the sides of the star.
3. Roll dough until you make a rectangle and fold 4 times, roll again into a rectangle and fold 4 times. Put dough in the fridge if it becomes a bit soft and make sure that you add enough flour so that the dough won't stick to the table. And it's done.
To make Pains Au Chocolat roll dough and cut into rectangles of 6x3 inches, add chocolate in the middle and cover. Brush with egg and bake 25 minutes at 220°C
For the Pain Aux Raisins, make a large rectangle with puff pastry then spread pastry cream and sprinkle raisins. Roll dough as if you were making cinnamon rolls, slice the roll and bake 25 minutes at 220°C
For the Croissants cut the dough into triangles and roll towards the
pointed end, brush with egg and fold in the remaining sides