- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/4 c. corn syrup
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Fleur de Sel
1. Put the sugar, water and corn syrup in a medium pot. Boil until the mixture has a light brown color. Make sure not to stir, just swirl the pan.
2. Meanwhile bring the cream and butter to a simmer over medium heat. Turn off the heat and when the caramel is light brown combine both mixtures carefully. Add vanilla.
3. Cook over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes and with a candy thermometer make sure that it reaches 248 °F. Turn off the heat and fill a pan with parchment paper. Let it cool for about an hour.
4. When it gets hard cut it into squares and sprinkle a little bit of Fleur de Sel and wrap them!
*Tips: While making the caramel, remove the sugar from the edges of the pot with a brush with water. Be very carefull while mixing the caramel and the cream it will bubble up violently. Put a little bit of oil in the parchment paper, it makes it easier to remove the candy.