I always get excited with Valentine's day, my mind starts to imagine all the things that I can do and all the recipes that I can create or transform things like a simple cake into a beautiful cake perfect for a romantic dinner but the best part is that it's light and you don't feel like you have eaten tons of food. I made this cake with the giant muffin pan, I only used the bottom part but you can use any pan you have.
- 1c. of flour
- 1/2 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 c. of plain unsweeted yogurth
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1/4 c. of sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/2 c. of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
1. Melt butter and let it cool. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and sugar in a medium bowl. In a large bowl beat yogurth, sour cream, egg and vanilla slowly add butter and the flour mixture (it should look a bit lumpy). Pour the mixture in a prepared pan and bake at 380°F for about 30 minutes. Let it cool completely and dust it with powdered sugar.
For decoration I used chocolate covered strawberries and fondant leaves that I made but I'm pretty sure that you'll find lots of things in the store.
2. Top it with the strawberry and with the leaf.
Put it on a nice plate to make it look even better and it should look like this: