I know that it's a bit early to start with Valentine's day recipes but I have many recipes that I want to try I started with this one and at first I was going to make whoopie pies, the cookies turned out a bit crunchy but they still were delicious and the filling is the best part, well just because I added mascarpone and cream cheese... by the way do you have a good whoopie pie recipe? I've never made them but they are on my list
- 1 3/4 c. flour
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1 c. of sugar
- 1/2 c. softened butter
- 1/2 c. plain unsweetened yogurth
- 1 egg
- 2 oz of melted chocolate, cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon on baking soda
1. In a small bowl combine cocoa powder, flour and baking soda. In a large bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add egg, yogurth and slowly stir in the chocolate. Add flour mixture and combine.
2. Take spoonfuls of the batter (you can do it with a small ice cream scoop) and place them on a prepared pan, bake them for 15 minutes at 400°C. Let them cool completely.
3. Now make the filling by beating 1 c. of mascarpone cheese, 1/2 c. of softened cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of vanilla. Stir with 3/4 c. of whipped cream. Put on top of each cookie, leaving one to cover them.
4. Add some chopped strawberries, cover with the remainig cookie and decorate with a small heart, they are simple and delicious.