It has been raining all day in here, the weather is cold and there's not much to do. So I was just there, resting and thinking when I immediately thought about making these cookies, they are special for me because they remind me of my great grandpa he simply loves them and I made them once when I visited him almost a year ago, baking these cookies was really comforting and they ended up chewy but soft at the same time. The recipe is from Quaker Oats but I'll show you how I did them
- 1 stick of softened butter
- 1/2 c. of brown sugar
- 1/4 c. of sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c. of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 1/2 c. of oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
1. First mix oatmeal, flour, baking soda and cinnamon in a medium bowl. In a large bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add egg and vanilla then combine it with the flour mixture.
2. Make small balls and then press them down a little bit.
3. Again I made half of them with pecans and half with chocolate chips just as I did with my banana donuts, you can use them both but I always try to make my parents happy.
4. Bake them at 350°F for 10 minutes, they will be very soft but in a few minutes they will be more consistent.
Put them on a nice tray and enjoy!