March 14, 2012

Peppermint Patties


Pure mint flavor in soft and creamy dough covered with chocolate, they are addictive for sure. I remember that they were my brother's favorite, everytime we went to my grandmothers house he immediately ate all the peppermint patties that she had in the pantry of course they weren't home made so I made them and he loved them.

Recipe slightly addapted from Joy of Baking:

- 2 c. of confectioners sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of evaporated milk
- 250 gr. of bittersweet chocolate

1. On low speed beat first 5 ingredients until combined, increase speed and beat until a smooth dough forms, cover it and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

Make sure it's oil and not extract


2. Dust a baking pan with confectioners sugar, roll the batter into 1 inch balls and flatten them with your hands.



3. Transfer the patties to the prepared pan, refrigerate for 1 hour. Melt chocolate and let it cool, then carefully cover the patties (you can use a fork)


*Making the patties was easy but I struggled a little bit to cover them, if they begin to melt quickly put them back in the fridge.

27 comments:

  1. they look so delicious! definitely have to make them for my mom who totally loves them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mint and chocolate together is one of my most favorite flavor pairings! I love that you made homemade peppermint patties...I wouldn't be able to stop eating them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't stop eating them, which is why I made a small batch... 30

      Delete
  3. These look incredible! I'm still on my cakepop kick. I wonder how these would work in that form?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha they would look great! it's a lovely idea Amy

      Delete
  4. Homemade peppermint patties, how cool!! My hubby would lOVE these!! adding to pinterest!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how refreshing peppermint patties taste. I've never made my own and admire those that have. Thanks for the recipe...perhaps I just might use it one day:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband's favorite! I never thought to make them myself. Great treat, looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow they look perfectly delicious!:))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally have to make this for my work colleagues :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never thought to make my own but it looks simple and delicious! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! I love chocolate and peppermint and this looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look so cool! And I'm not just saying that because I've bought into York's marketing. My mom and sisters always go nuts over peppermint patties, but I'm really more of a peanut butter cup person. Still, I'm going to have to give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love peanut butter cups, you gave me a great idea and now I need to find a recipe

      Delete
  12. These look better than the real deal! I wonder if you froze them before dipping if that might make it a bit easier???? thanks for a wonderful sounding recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it should be easier but the only problem is that the chocolate is going to get hard before you can even remove the patty from the fork

      Delete
  13. This is indeed a treat! Looks simple enough for be to handle:D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Te quedaron perfectas! Parecen compradas, pero nop!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nice treat. My mom and my husband are crazy about peppermint sweets. They will finish the entire batch (and even fight for the last piece!). You are so detailed - all the patties are the same shape!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!! I LOVE peppermint patties! One of my very favorite candies but I've never thought to make them myself. I think that now I need to :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow, I love peppermint patties, but I can't say I've ever thought of making them myself. You inspire me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are fantastic! Always one of my favorite candies and this homemade version is delightful!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comments! I love to read them :)