Pure mint flavor in soft and creamy dough covered with chocolate, they are addictive for sure. I remember that they were my brother's favorite, everytime we went to my grandmothers house he immediately ate all the peppermint patties that she had in the pantry of course they weren't home made so I made them and he loved them.
Recipe slightly addapted from Joy of Baking:
- 2 c. of confectioners sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of evaporated milk
- 250 gr. of bittersweet chocolate
1. On low speed beat first 5 ingredients until combined, increase speed and beat until a smooth dough forms, cover it and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
|Make sure it's oil and not extract|
2. Dust a baking pan with confectioners sugar, roll the batter into 1 inch balls and flatten them with your hands.
3. Transfer the patties to the prepared pan, refrigerate for 1 hour. Melt chocolate and let it cool, then carefully cover the patties (you can use a fork)
*Making the patties was easy but I struggled a little bit to cover them, if they begin to melt quickly put them back in the fridge.