By now you must be like: WOW and ice cream cake. That's how my sister was when she saw this cake we even had a "minor" discussion just because she wanted to eat it right away but I wanted to take my pictures, she got mad but at the end I gave her a big piece of cake and then everything was ok, but the best part about this cake is that it can be in the freezer for weeks and now she will always have dessert waiting for her (but I doubt it'll last, not even 3 days)
- 1 1/3 c. of unsalted butter, softened
- 3 1/2 c. of sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 c. of flour
- 1 c. of cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 3 c. of plain unsweetened yogurth
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
1. Grease 2 cake molds. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add eggs one at a time and vanilla. Stir in sifted flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda alternating with yogurth. Pour mixture into molds and bake them for 30 minutes at 350°F.
2. Make this chocolate frosting and add 1 teaspoon of mint extract. Have in hand 1 pint of softened mint and chocolate ice cream and vanilla bean ice cream. Slice each cake in half so that you will have 4 cakes, with the help of a pastry bag filled with frosting, cover the edge of the cake and then scoop 1 big ball of ice cream, spread it and freeze if necessary, continue with the other 3 layers alternating with vanilla ice cream.
3. With the remaining frosting cover the cake with a thin layer, refrigerate and then cover it with a second layer, decorate with chocolates and a mint leaf.
And now for the slice...
Happy St. Patrick's day!