December 19, 2011

Red Velvet Cheesecake


So today's my birthday! YES I'm 19 now and I really wanted a special cake, so my mom and I made a Red Velvet Cheesecake, it was so delicious! I never had a cake like this and it was just great, we also made tamales that we are having tonight with my family, I'll post the recipe soon!! You can make the cheesecake with this recipe I just added spoonfulls of strawberry marmalade :)

- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1 c. plain yogurth
- 2 eggs
- 1 ounce of red food coloring


1. To make the cake put flour, sugar, cocoa and baking powder in a large bowl and gradually add the rest of the ingredientes. Whisk together for 2 minutes until everything is well combined. Put the mixture on a prepared pan and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes and let is cool completely.


This is how your cheesecake should look, with swirls of delicious strawberry marmalade <3


2. Make a white vanilla frosting by putting 1 1/2 c. of flour and 1 1/2 c. of milk in a small pot until it thickens and let it cool. Meanwhile beat 1 1/2 c. of unsalted butter and 1 1/2 c. of sugar, when it is light and fluffy add the milk and incorporate 1 tablespoon of vanilla.


3. Cover the cheesecake with a lots of frosting, really a lot and then put the red velvet cake on top.


Cover the cake with the rest of the frosting and enjoy!


10 comments:

  1. This cake is awesome, it is Happy birthday.like 2 cake in one, red velvet and cheesecake. Excellent idea. Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cake is awesome, it is like 2 cake in one, red velvet and cheesecake. Excellent idea. Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun cake, Betty! Happy Birthday! I love all the layers, what a super presentation.
    You're 19? I feel ancient. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wonderful cake! Happy, happy Birthday to you! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really Delicious looking cake.Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my idea of the perfect birthday cake! I love combining cheesecake and red velvet cake...genius. I hope you have a wonderful birthday, Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I'm really curious to how it tastes! Happy birthday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of the best 'marriages' of all times, this combination of flavours is delicious - and your recipe is a prime example :D

    Thanks!
    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks absolutely stunning and I have no doubt it tastes as good as it looks! red velvet cake is one of my favourites so I think I may have to give this a go :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comments! I love to read them :)