December 19, 2011
Red Velvet Cheesecake
So today's my birthday! YES I'm 19 now and I really wanted a special cake, so my mom and I made a Red Velvet Cheesecake, it was so delicious! I never had a cake like this and it was just great, we also made tamales that we are having tonight with my family, I'll post the recipe soon!! You can make the cheesecake with this recipe I just added spoonfulls of strawberry marmalade :)
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1 c. plain yogurth
- 2 eggs
- 1 ounce of red food coloring
1. To make the cake put flour, sugar, cocoa and baking powder in a large bowl and gradually add the rest of the ingredientes. Whisk together for 2 minutes until everything is well combined. Put the mixture on a prepared pan and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes and let is cool completely.
This is how your cheesecake should look, with swirls of delicious strawberry marmalade <3
2. Make a white vanilla frosting by putting 1 1/2 c. of flour and 1 1/2 c. of milk in a small pot until it thickens and let it cool. Meanwhile beat 1 1/2 c. of unsalted butter and 1 1/2 c. of sugar, when it is light and fluffy add the milk and incorporate 1 tablespoon of vanilla.
3. Cover the cheesecake with a lots of frosting, really a lot and then put the red velvet cake on top.
Cover the cake with the rest of the frosting and enjoy!