It's been a bit hard for me to be all day at home instead of studying, I'm spending my days looking for schools that can accept international students but the truth is that I'm tired of being rejected. The first time I was really sad but then I realized that I could do more and I didn't gave up so to feel better I began cooking, I can forget about everything while cooking and I can relax for a while, nothing like making cookies and hearing your dad or sister that they love them and watching them devour everything, that's comforting and it makes me happy
- 3 c. of flour
- 250 gr. of unsalted butter, softened
- 200 gr. of sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 egg and 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 c. of milk
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- a pinch of salt
1. In a medium bowl combine flour, salt and baking powder. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add vanilla, egg and egg yolk. Stir in the flour mixture and enough milk to make a soft dough, refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Make small balls and put them in a prepared pan, press them with your thumbs.
2. Bake them at 360°F for about 12 minutes or until light brown, meanwhile unwrap your chocolates.
3. Remove from the oven and immediately put the chocolate in the middle, pressing a little bit. It will begin to melt but try hard not to eat them right away, you will burn as I did.
*Tip: if you make this recipe you will end up with almost 50 cookies, you can refrigerate half of the dough and use it another day, enjoy!