Sometimes simple things are way better than more elaborated desserts and this time it couldn't be more right. I LOVE vanilla and I add it to almost all of the things I bake but it's weird that I've never made plain vanilla cupcakes and this time I could really knew how good vanilla tastes.
- 2 c. of flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 c. of plain yogurth
- 1/2 c. of sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 3/4 c. of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
1. Melt butter and let it cool. In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar. In a large bowl beat yogurth, sour cream, eggs and vanilla. Slowly add butter and then incorporate the flour mixture. Fill muffin liners and bake at 360°F for 12 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean.
2. Make a vanilla frosting by beating 1 stick of unsalted butter with 1 tablespoon of vanilla, 1/2 c. of whipping cream and 2 c. of powdered sugar. Decorate muffins and spinkle some sugar on top.
3. You can turn them into a beautiful Valentine's dessert by adding some raspberry jam and decorating with vanilla frosting, add a mint leaf and a raspberry on top. Perfect :)