May 30, 2012

Apricot Stuffed Cookies


At simple sight you'll say: oh it's just another cookie! but when you bite into them you'll find a small, sweet and delicious surprise, I love stuffed cookies like these ones, which are your favorite cookies?

- 250 gr. of flour
- 75 gr. of sugar
- 7 gr. dry active yeast
- 1 egg + 2 yolks
- 100 gr. unsalted butter
- 50 gr. of shortening
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder

1. Dissolve yeast in warm water. Sift flour and baking powder. Beat butter and shortening, add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, add eggs one at a time and vanilla.

2. Combine with yeast and flour mixture, cover dough and put in the fridge for 1 hour. Take a small amount of dough and form a ball, press it and fill with 1 dried apricot, cover completely.

Bake them at 300°F for about 20 minutes, let them cool and drizzle
melted white chocolate on top



Similar Recipes:



18 comments:

  1. Oh these look so good! I love dates too and I'm thinking these would be wonderful stuffed with dates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they sound amazing! that's a great idea Paula

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a great idea!I don't know what are my favorite cookies, I have never tried these ones. If I did, I might change my opinion :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous! I've never used yeast in a cookie before, but these look so perfectly light and airy that I think I may have to give it a go. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeast gives it a really nice flavor and it makes them softer, you should try them

      Delete
  4. Fantastic looking cookies!
    I'm going to pin it as I'd really like to try to make it

    ReplyDelete
  5. genialne zdjęcia! a ciasteczka wspaniałe! pozdrawiam

    ReplyDelete
  6. these look insanely delicious. i love apricots, especially the dried ones, how yummy are they in a cookie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too and these cookies were really good

      Delete
  7. Absolutely love dried apricots - what a brilliant recipe for them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I utterly adore stuffed cookies, not much effort for something people will remember :) ive never seen anything quite like this though and im sure they are absolutely gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look delicious! I never think of dried fruit in cookies, but it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these cookies - they look so crumbly, soft and delicious. And the apricot inside looks so cute, almost like a yolk :-). Pinned!
    By the way, did you hear about RecipeNewZ (with Z). We're a new photo based recipe sharing community. We publish photos submitted by food bloggers with links back to their websites. Hundreds have already joined us in only 2 months since our launch. I hope you also get a chance to visit and maybe share some of your recipes :-)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comments! I love to read them :)