I am a big fan of biscuits, honestly, there is nothing better than eating them straight out of the oven with a nice amount of butter melting on top... yeah I'm hungry, but honey biscuits?? with cinnamon and brown sugar butter?? I bet you are feeling hungry right now :D
- 2 c. flour
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar
- 1/2 c. of cold unsalted butter
- 2/3 c. milk
- 3 tablespoons of honey
1. Cut the butter in small cubes and put in a food processor with flour, baking powder and cream of tartar. Put the mixture in a bowl, add milk and honey, stir just until combined ( please do NOT overmix, it will make them hard ).
2. Roll the dough with a rolling pin and cut with cookie cutters, put them in a prepared pan and slightly brush them with milk. Bake at 420°F for 15 minutes.
[ milk will make them shiny ]
3. When you take them out of the oven leave them on the tray, cover them with butter and sprinkle them with cinnamon and brown sugar.
[ butter makes everything better :) ]
Mix 100 gr. of unsalted butter, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar in a food processor until you get this:
Of course, spread it on top of a warm honey biscuit.