What I love about this cake is that it's fresh, fluffy and light, you can enjoy it without feeling like you ate too much and besides the colors are perfect for spring. I've been looking for fresh desserts and I'm really excited to try new recipes, I'm thinking about making more ice cream and some fruit tarts. What's your favorite spring dessert?
- 1/2 c. of unsalted butter, softened
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/2 c. of sugar
- 2 c. of flour
- 1 1/4 c. of buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
1. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and baking soda. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add vanilla and egg whites one at a time. Stir in the dry ingredients alternating with buttermilk, pour mixture into 2 prepared pans and bake at 350°F for about 35 minutes.
2. Make this vanilla frosting and cover the cake with a thin layer, refrigerate and cover it with a second layer, decorate it with some mint leaves or anything you like.
|I put some food colorant to the remaining frosting and used it for decoration|
Have a slice and enjoy!