March 24, 2012

No Knead Tomato and Basil Bread


You will become addicted. I got really excited when I saw a bread that I didn't had to knead, it made my life a lot easier because I only had to make the dough, refrigerate and bake it, simple as that but you will also have the same flavor and softness of home made bread, see why you will become addicted to it?

- 3 1/2 c. of flour
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons of active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 1/4 c. of warm water
- 10 sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil

1. In a medium bowl combine 2 c. of flour, sugar, salt and yeast. Add olive oil and water combining with a wooden spoon, stir in remaining flour (just the necessary to form a soft non-sticky dough). Cover the dough and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.


2. When the dough has doubled its size punch it, add tomatoes and basil. Divide the dough in half and make a small ball with one half, sprinkle with salt and more basil. Make small balls with the other half and add cream cheese in the middle, again sprinkle with salt and basil. Leave them in a warm place for about 30 minutes. 



3. Bake them at 350°F for about 20 minutes or until it looks golden brown.


Slice it and serve immediately


28 comments:

  1. Lovely texture and lovely flavour, yummy looking bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...you had me at no knead:-). But this bread looks even better with the olive oil, basil and tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous looking bread! I really like the idea of no knead. This is a must try recipe. Thanks Beti!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fantastic! I'd love it. Tomatoes and basil and bread, nice flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This bread looks and sounds fantastic! I love the no-knead breads as well, our grandmothers would have never believed this wonderful technique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was really shocked when I first saw it

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful savoury bread :D
    Love the flavours and the awesome recipe (no knead rocks!)

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru
    Latest: Colossal Caramel Monster Cookies
    http://gobakeyourself.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love savory breads. This looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic looking bread. It sure does sound wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful loaf you've baked up! I've been wanting to try no knead breads for some time now. I'm thinking it's high time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should try them, they are really easy and delicious

      Delete
  10. fabulous!!! and looks great too..love the flavor combination!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  11. YUM! I love the idea of sundried tomatoes in bread. What a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful and delicious bread! I love this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You really have a talent in making beautiful breads beti. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love no knead bread :) I've never managed to make a successful knead bread hehe definitely going to make this so my man will stop nagging me that I only know how to bake sweet things ~ Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is definitely a must try with my favourite pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds soo fantastic! My sisters and I left an award for you on our blog! Hope you check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh, this looks so wonderful! I'm imagining it as a grilled cheese sandwich now :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I made last year a bread with tomato and basil and loved it. can't wait to try your version! Turned out so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks amazing and the combination of flavours is great!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comments! I love to read them :)