Sweet sweet cherry danish, so soft that it almost melts in your mouth and the best part? No knead! You can forget about it, you just make the dough and put it in the refrigerator all night. I made everything, from the dough, cherry jam and the icing, you can use cherry pie filling but nothing compares to home made jam, you can use this recipe just change the raspberries for frozen or fresh cherries.
- 4 1/2 teaspoons of active dry yeast
- 6 c. of flour
- 1/3 c. of sugar
- 1 c. cold butter
- 1/2 c. warm milk
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 c. half and half
- 6 egg yolks
1. In a small bowl disolve yeast with warm milk, meanwhile in a large bowl combine flour, sugar and salt then cut in butter until the mixture looks like sand. Add yeast mixture, egg yolks and cream, combine until a soft dough forms. Cover and refrigerate all night.
[ dough will be sticky ]
3. Make circles and pinch ends again, put them in a prepared pan and let them rise for about 45 minutes. If they rise completely and you can still see a whole in the middle add some more dough to cover completely.
4. Take a small portion of cream cheese and press it down right in the middle of each ring, fill them with a spoonfull of cherry jam, just be careful not to overfill. Bake them at 350°F for 15 minutes, you will know when they're ready when they are golden brown.
5. Let them cool completely and the drizzle some white icing, serve them with a cup of coffee and enjoy!