This is a serious cupcake for all the tiramisu lovers out there, I know you'll love it!
I came up with this recipe the other day at my sister's party, I made about 4 different desserts but these cupcakes seemed like a challenge because I've never made them before, I tend to get a bit nervous when I'm experimenting with a recipe. I will tell you that I've made horrible things while testing a new recipe but as frustrating as it can be it helps me and then I create delicious things
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 c. of plain yogurth
- 1/2 c. of sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 3/4 c. of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of instant coffee
1. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar. In a large bowl beat eggs, yogurth, cream and melted butter butter, add coffee and stir until dissolved. Combine with flour mixture and pour it into prepared pans. Bake at 250°F for 12 minutes, let them cool completely.
2. For the filling combine 1/2 c. of mascarpone cheese and 1 tablespoon of vanilla. Make a hole in the cupcakes with a cupcake corer and fill them with the help of a spoon.
3. Make this frosting but instead of vanilla add 1 tablespoon of Kahlúa or any coffee liquor.