It's the perfect time to make coffee cake, the cold weather combined with a good cup of coffee and coffee cake is the best. It is easy to make and while it's baking the whole house smells like cinnamon.
- 3 c. flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 3/4 unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c. sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c. chopped nuts
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1. Stir flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Combine the last three ingredients in a small bowl. In a large bowl beat butter and sugar until fluffy, adding eggs one at a time. Beat in the flour mixture alternating with sour cream. Pour half of the mixture in a prepared pan, sprinkle half of the nuts, cover with the other half of the mixture and then sprinkle the remaining nuts.
2. Bake at 350°F for about 40 minutes, then let it cool completely. Make a glaze by combining 1/2 c. of powdered sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla and 3 teaspoons of milk to cover the cake.
Make sure that it isn't warm before you glaze it
When you slice it you will have something like this
.... really good