The great thing about these cookies is that you can use any marmalade you want or any other filling like peanut butter or some kind of frosting. I have thought about what other varieties can I make and I have a lot of ideas on my mind, I'll sure be making more of them.
- 1 1/4 c. flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 55 gr. shortening
- 55 gr. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 egg, divided
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 c. chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons of any marmalade you like
1. Beat butter and shortening together until light and fluffy, add the egg yolk, sugar and vanilla. Continue beating until everything comes together then incorporate flour and salt. Make small balls with the dough cover them with egg white and roll them in the pecans.
2. With your thumb make a small hole without reaching the bottom. Bake them at 350 °F for about 10 minutes.
3. When they are ready, put them on a wire rack and immediately fill them with marmalade, I used peach marmalade and they were delicious :)