I've never made a galette before and I was surprised about how fast it was to make, the peaches were soft and full of flavor, the dough turned into a soft cookie and the juices made the galette really moist and crunchy at the same time, it's very easy to make and besides you can change the peaches for plums or apples, my dad loves peaches so I decided to make it, I plan to make apple or fig and ricotta galette next time.
- 275 gr. flour
- 150 gr. unsalted butter, diced
- 1 egg
- 50 ml of cold water
- 4 teaspoons of brown sugar
1. Put the flour, sugar and the butter in a food processor until the mixture looks like sand. Put it in a medium bowl and mix with the egg and water, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 4 firm peaches
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
1. Slice the peaches and carefully mix them with honey, cinnamon, vanilla, cornstarch and sugar. Roll the dough with a floured rolling pin and put the dough in a preapred pan, place the peaches on top of it without the juice.
2. Gently cover the peaches with the dough on the sides, pour the peaches juice on top and add some butter (you know...for better flavor of course)
3. Bake for 40 minutes at 360°F. Let it cool or serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
[ It will be really moist and with a beautiful glaze an top ]