Last summer at a restaurant my brother had peach and bourbon bread pudding, as always
- 12 slices of french bread (or any other you have)
- 2 c. of evaporated milk
- 2 c. of milk
- enough bourbon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1/2 c. of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon on vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 2 cubed peaches
1. Cut bread into small cubes and put it in a slightly greased casserole. In a medium bowl combine the rest of the ingredients except peaches and cover the bread with it.
2. Leave it for about 30 minutes, stirring constantly until the bread softens. Add peaches and combine, bake at 350°F for about 45 minutes.
3. Make a caramel and bourbon sauce by melting 1/4 c. of butter, 2 tablespoons of bourbon, 1 c. of corn syrup and 1 c. of brown sugar in a small pan and let it boil for 3 minutes, remove from heat and add 1 c. of whipping cream, stir and boil for about 5 minutes.
Now take a slice of bread pudding and drizzle the caramel sauce on top
You really need to try it