I was really excited to post about this cheesecake and I'm pretty sure that you got excited when you saw "German chocolate cheesecake" since it's such a delicious and perfect for those hunger attacks dessert and not quite a diet friendly dessert but I guess that you won't have any problem with that.
Besides this recipe I wanted to thank Shumalia from The novice housewife blog who awarded my blog with the Liebster Award
So here are the 5 blogs that for me they deserve the award, it would be great if you check them out and thank you all for taking your time to read my blog and thanks a lot to my followers
- 500 gr. dark chocolate chopped
- 350 gr. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 c. of sugar
- 1/2 c. of yogurth
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
1. First make the crust by mixing 1 c. of crushed vanilla wafers, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1/3 c. of melted butter, 1/4 c. of shredded coconut and 1/4 c. of chopped pecans. Put the mixture in a prepared pan and press it down, bake it for 15 minutes at 340°F and then let it cool
2. Meanwhile melt chocolate in a medium bowl and then let it cool. In a large bowl beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy add flour and eggs one at a time. Stir in chocolate and mix until combined, pour everything on top of the crust and bake for about 40 minutes at 340°F.
3. Let it cool completely and top it with this coconut frosting, refrigerate it for at leat 2 hours before cutting it
As always I couldn't wait and I cut it earlier and the consequences... the crust fell apart and the inside was still too soft but I managed to take some photos.
I also added some raspberry jam just because I love it and the combination was simply delicious, I hope you enjoy it!